Ceiling Fans—The Hunter Advantage
No one does more to improve the air quality in your home than Hunter—our reputation is founded on that promise. Since 1886, we’ve been innovating smarter ways to circulate the air and transform how you feel in every room.
Built Better, Backed Better
Hunter's famous limited Lifetime Motor Warranty is backed by the only company with 120 years in the fan business. So you get peace of mind with every purchase.
Easy to Install
Available on select models, Hunter's canopy system includes a round mounting plate for easier screw access, plus a unique hands-free loop that allows the installer to temporarily hang the fan while connecting the wiring.
Most Hunter ceiling fans include the 3-position mounting system. However, some ceiling fans include the 2-position mounting system and cannot be flush mounted.
Hunter ENERGY STAR® Fans & Light Fixtures
ENERGY STAR was created to help consumers easily identify products, homes, and buildings that save energy and money, and help protect the environment. As the government-backed, trusted symbol for energy efficiency, the ENERGY STAR label identifies highly efficient products and designates superior energy performance in homes and buildings. Hunter Fan Company is proud to offer our customers products with the ENERGY STAR label. These products are identified by the official ENERGY STAR seal.
Hunter ceiling fans that have earned the ENERGY STAR seal include both indoor and outdoor models. These models move air 14%-20% more efficiently than typical ceiling fans. Hunter ENERGY STAR light fixtures feature energy saving Circline fluorescent bulbs. Circline fluorescent bulbs achieve light outputs equivalent to incandescent bulbs while using 75% less wattage and delivering longer bulb life. Most importantly, they provide a warm, pleasing glow that adds beauty to any home.
To learn more about ENERGY STAR, including information on energy rebates, visit www.energystar.gov.
The Power of Whisperwind®
The WhisperWind motor, available on most models, delivers ultra-powerful air movement with whisper-quiet performance. So you get the cooling power you want, without the noise you don't.
Hunter's patented Anti-Vibration Technology (AVTT), featuring our unique, patented triangular hanger ball system, reduced torque for maximum stability and Wobble-Free® performance. The trilobular ball gives Hunter fans the ability to self-balance, eliminating wobble for rock-solid performance every time.
Consumer's Digest Best Buy Award
Hunter Fan Company has been recognized by Consumers Digest as a Best Buy Award winner for select ceiling fans from their product line. A Best Buy is defined as a product that offers outstanding value for its consumers. Consumers Digest's contributors and reviewers categorize a Best Buy as a product that merits special attention from buyers.
According to Consumers Digest, Best Buy recommendations are based on criteria derived from at least three of the following sources:
- Independent testing and research studies, including those from academic and professional institutions and federal, state, and other government agencies, where applicable
- Consumers Digest reader and other surveys
- Previously published evaluations in books, magazines, newsletters, etc.
- Retail dealers, including their service departments
- Other independent sources
- Personal, hands-on, evaluation by the authors
The Consumers Digest Best Buy seal can be found on several Hunter ceiling fans, including the 44" Stratford II™, The Silent Breeze™, 48" Low Profile Plus™, Studio Series™, Sontera™, Summer Breeze™, 52" Augusta III™, Mariner™, 44" Eclipse™, 46" Santa Barbara™, 44" Continental™, and Palermo™.
Porches, carports, patios, poolside...there are lots of great places to install a Hunter ceiling fan in the great outdoors. Because Hunter Outdoor fans not only provide a refreshing breeze on demand, they also help keep pesky flying insects at bay.
Currently Hunter's Outdoor ceiling fans are designated as UL Wet Listed or UL Damp Listed. UL Damp Listed ceiling fans are suitable covered structures that are open to the outside elements such as covered porches, patios and sun rooms. UL Wet Listed can also be used on covered structures, but are specifically designed for direct exposure to the outside elements such as gazebos or pergolas.
Hunter Outdoor Fans are built tough, with features like weather-resistant plastic blades, tarnish-resistant stainless steel hardware, finishes with corrosion and UV protection, and factory-sealed motors. Backed by our famous high performance outdoor motors and limited lifetime motor warranty, Hunter Outdoor fans deliver years of refreshing comfort.
How to Install a Hunter Ceiling Fan
Hunter Ceiling Fan Advantages
- Quiet for Life
Every Hunter ceiling fan has been painstakingly designed and crafted to be more than just beautiful, more than just another ceiling fan. It's why our customers have come to demand Hunter performance time and time again. Our exclusive motor technology and mounting system ensure that every Hunter fan will be quiet and wobble-free. Just like every Hunter fan since 1886. Quiet for Life. That's our pledge to you. Built Better, Backed Better Hunter's famous Limited Lifetime Motor Warranty is backed by the only company with 120 years in the fan business. So you get peace of mind with every purchase.
- Anti-Vibration Technology
Hunter's patented AVT features our unique triangular hanger-ball system, which reduces torque for maximum stability and Wobble-Free performance.
- EZ Hang Mounting System
With the patented design of Hunter's EZ Hang Mounting System, installing a Hunter fan is simple and safe. Then you'll enjoy a strong, wobble-free fan for years to come.
- The Power of WhisperWind
The WhisperWind Motor, available on most models, delivers ultra-powerful air movement with whisper-quiet performance. So you get the cooling power you want, without the noise you don't.
- Easy to Install
Available on select models, Hunter's canopy system includes a round mounting plate for easier screw access, plus a unique hands-free loop that allows you to hang the fan temporarily while you're connecting the wiring.
- A move in the right direction. Make sure your fan blades rotate properly in summer and in winter for maximum efficiency.
- A big turnoff. Remember, ceiling fans cool people, not rooms. So turn the fan off when you leave the room to save energy.
- It's getting hot in here. Studies show that most people can adjust their thermostats as high as 82 degrees Fahrenheit and feel just as cool with the ceiling fan running as if the temperature were set at 76 degrees.
- How big a fan do you need? Choose the appropriate size fan for each room for maximum efficiency. Hunter can help you determine the right fan for your space.
- You can take it with you. Portable fans can be used to save energy during milder spring and fall months. Just place one in a window to blow cool air into the house either late at night or early in the morning.
- Get the green light. If your ceiling fan includes a light fixture, replace the bulb with a compact fluorescent light (CFL). It uses one-fourth the energy and lasts up to 10 times longer than an incandescent bulb.
- ENERGY STAR. This is a joint program between the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy to help people save money and protect the environment through energy-efficient products and practices. The Energy Star label identifies highly efficient products and designates superior energy performance. Hunter is proud to offer ceiling fans, bathroom fans, thermostats and light kits with the Energy Star label.